On Sunday morning, I woke up feeling revolted and uneasy. Maggot had attacked me while I was dreaming. Not one, not two, but millions. (I detest and fear long crawly things- e.g. snakes, worms, caterpillars, and maggots!) In my dream, I found myself sitting on the floor and all of a sudden, I noticed white things everywhere on the floor. I looked closely, and tiny white squiggling maggots had populated the entire floor. Then I noticed them all over my clothes. Then my arms, my hair, and even all over my face! I tried to shake them off of me but they kept coming back. Thank goodness my alarm saved me from further despair and disgust.
This vision had disturbed me so much that as soon as I opened my eyes, I got up to google "maggots in dreams" (how would I live without google?). Apparently a LOT of people dream of maggots. The first website I opened said that maggots represent my anxieties about death. I hadn't particularly thinking about death so that seemed rather odd. Another website said that it may mean my held back emotions, or some high stress I'm experiencing. That seemed a bit more plausible.
The last website I visited pretty much killed any sanity I was left with after the dream:
"If you have a dream in which writhing maggots play a significant part then you should look at your life very carefully.There may be some part of your own personality which you find repulsive. The maggots may represent the part of you that you think of as rotting. Maybe you feel guilty about something that you have done - or not done. You may have acted dishonestly - or covered up the dishonest actions of others. Alternatively, the writhing maggots may represent a scandal in which you were involved - a scandal which may not have become public. You may be aware that there is something rotten in your life. "
A scandal? Repulsive? Hiding? Rotting?
So I guess I'm a repulsive, tortured scumbag and I just didn't realize it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment