I guess I need to post a few updates since I last wrote.
1) Weekend trip to England: It was delightful. I felt so comfortable at Jes's family's home and it was so nice to be in a home again. We were invited for an amazing Thanksgiving dinner and celebrated the all-American tradition a week early :) It was wonderful to be among church friends and to attend church. What never ceases to amaze me about the church- no matter which country I am, the same warmth is always there.
2) Thanksgiving trip to DC: Even though it had been only four months, I felt soooooo happy to see my parents. I had missed them so much and as soon as I saw my dad in the airport, I jumped up and down :) Yes I am such a child. I got all the pampering and attention I needed (for those of you who know me, I need my regular doses of hugs kisses and love) and of course, all the good food I had been craving- pho, thai food, korean food etc etc :) Being in my favorite city in the US was also a great treat- I love love love DC. Oh, and I can't forget the Black Friday SHOPPING!!!! Even though I had said I lost all motivation to shop- as soon as we went to the outlets, my mom and I went crazy. hahaha. I LOVE SHOPPING. My desire to live has once again been ignited through American consumerism.
3) The weather's been yucky everyday here in Fontainebleau. Rain rain rain. I hear it started snowing in the east coast and utah... I must say, I do miss snow a little bit. I miss the squeaking and crunching of fresh snow under my boots, the white trees, rooftops and mountains... but then again I don't miss the brown nasty slush. and driving in it. My poor little corolla couldn't handle the utah snow dumps. Oh I miss my little corolla!!!
4) I chopped my finger with a giant knife on Friday. I was chopping carrots- and the combination of not using a cutting board, the dull knife, slippery fingers, and clumsiness resulted in my cutting my finger instead of the carrot. The carrot is fine, don't worry. The first five minutes I was fine. I ran my finger under the water and saw that the cut was quite deep. I didn't see any bone but it was really really deep. I stayed calm until I walked out to go to my room and I blacked out and nearly passed out on the floor- until my roommate caught me and helped me to the couch. She bandaged my finger and later on I made it to my room, called my mom on skype and bawled. I am such a baby. I don't think I need stitches so I think I'll be ok. I've become quite adept at typing with four fingers on my left hand. (and i'm eating that uncut carrot as i type. I thought I never wanted to see another carrot for the rest of my life. so much for food aversion.)
2 more weeks and then off to korea! yayyyyyyyy! and then two weeks after that to singapore! yayyyyy!
time to do some work now. ayoung out.

1 comment:
I thought the states felt a little more Kim-like over Thanksgiving.
-Brig
Post a Comment