Friday, August 29, 2008

BFF!

Yesterday I finally got to see my dearest friend Edlira. I hadn't seen her in seven months and I had missed her so much! As I was packing to move into my new apt, I came across hundreds of pictures from our senior year at Meridian- and I laughed and laughed by myself remembering the ridiculously fun year we had- and made me miss Edlira even more.

Edlira was my lifesaver at Meridian. She kept me sane through my utah culture shock and all the other difficulties I faced. We grew to be like sisters, knowing each other's secrets like the back of our hands, and often arguing like fiends but getting over it five minutes later. We used to have heated arguments just for fun- and people would get soooo uncomfortable! It was great!

It's already been eight years since we met, we've seen and been through a lot. She has a beautiful son, Eric, with another one on the way. Her being a mother still seems a bit surreal to me- but I love seeing her as a mother. She's a fantastic mommy! I hope I can make more effort to see her this next school year- bc once I leave this state, I know I will regret it if I don't. Lali I love you!

No comments: