Monday, August 25, 2008

I am back.

I've neglected my poor blog for too long. So much for my goal of becoming the next blogging star. But I am back. Now that school's going to start in a week. :P

About my summer:
I didn't quite do everything I planned to (e.g. training for the half-marathon, becoming a blogging star, transforming into a female Jack Johnson, and most importantly having a sizzling hot summer fling). Aim for the stars and you'll land on the moon, they say-- a quite appropriate description of my summer. No, I probably won't run at a marathon, let alone win one, nor will I be able to sing and play the guitar like Corinne Bailey Rae, but I've had my own fun.

I did my fair share of traveling- to UAE (Dubai), Egypt, Washington DC, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I got to drive around LA in a white sports car, have a Pocahontas moment and slide down a real waterfall, and monopolize the whole world on a game of Monopoly. I also saw Jack Johnson perform. But most importantly, I spent a lot more time with dear friends, whom I hadn't a chance to see often while I was in school.

Another reason for this summer's significance-- working as a research assistant and attending the Academy of Management Annual Meeting have definitely helped me hone my future PhD plans a bit more. I love organizational behavior and I know this is definitely the way to go for me. It is refreshing to see the future a bit more clearly.

One more year until graduation- I can't believe I'm a second year already! I still find myself telling others that I'm a first year. :) Good luck first-years, and to my fellow second-year friends, good luck to us too.

By the way, if this post seems a tad scatter-brained, it's because I'm watching Lord of the Rings and I'm absolutely riveted (by Legolas and his dexterous arrow-shooting skills of course) and thus have no use for logic and good writing. I definitely think that this world needs more manly men. Too bad I wasn't born an elf.

No comments: