Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Waste of Time

This is what happens when you want to procrastinate all your responsibilities. I got sucked into one of those viral "let's share random facts about ourselves" thing on facebook so here they are-- 25 random facts/thoughts of miss ayoung for the day:

1. I am home in Maryland for the MBA "recruiting/networking" break. I am doing neither of those. I love cuddling up in the blue recliner in the study, right in front of the bose stereo system, and listening to jazz. There is no other heaven on earth.

2. I secretly desire to be a blogging celebrity.

3. I love city lights.

4. I am quite the hedonist. I'm obsessed with good food, shoes, bags, shoes, and jewelry. I hate being poor and vain at the same time. :(

5. I can't believe I'm graduating in three months. I will miss my MBA days dearly. My favorite thing about b-school: seeing a vision of what my future can be. Limitless possibilities. I'm pretty much going to save the world. ;)

6. John Legend is a dream. I love his voice, his style, and his smile. I certainly have a thing for dark, brilliant guys... e.g. Obama, Dr. Sanjay Gupta (CNN), John Legend. He's a U Penn grad (magna cum laude), worked for Boston Consulting Group before becoming an incredibly amazing singer. WOW WOW WOW.

7. I love cooking. It is such a cathartic experience. Cooking is my best friend when I'm frustrated, irritated, upset, feeling insecure, or stressed out. No worries, the food is still edible.

8. My current obsession: red lipstick and navy blue nail polish.

9. My passion is people. Yes, cliche, I know, but true. I love figuring out how people think, act and situate themselves in society. This is why I love organizational behavior because you get to study people through the eyes of social psychologists, sociologists, and anthropologists. I want to be a people expert. No, actually, I want to be a leadership guru. and then be the blogging star.

10. My anxiety over PhD admissions keeps me up at night. I have thoughts running a million miles per second. This is a slightly stressful period for me, but overall, I'm content. I want to go to Kellogg sooooo bad!!!!!!! I'm willing to settle for Harvard too. :P Now I just need prayers from all of you, please~

11. I get to meet Warren Buffett in a few weeks!!!

12. I love brilliant type-A's, male or female. They do what they say, say what the mean, are sassy and not afraid to be aggressive with their goals, are go-getters,take smart risks, work like dogs, are ambitious, and dream BIG. Pretty much those people who want to rule the world.

13. I want to take a year off and just travel the world. This may become my Plan B if PhD plans run awry.

14. I LOVE RIVERS. Rivers carry such mysticism. They seem to hold all of civilization's secrets, yet manage to exude grace and solidarity. I'm trying too hard to be poetic. But I do love cities with rivers: Boston, DC, Cairo. My favorite river so far: the Nile.

15. If I could change anything about myself... have more persistence. On a vainer note, I would like to look like Catherine Zeta-Jones. That's all.

16. I just made a bucket list of all the things I want to accomplish. I'm still not done with it- but already, it looks as though I'm going to live another 134 years to accomplish everything I want to. UGH why is life so short?

17. I am a hopeless romantic. ugh.

18. I love my family. They taught me how to love.

19. I think Korean food is the best in the whole wide world. Not that I'm biased or anything.

20. I really really like Hello Kitty. I used to hate it until I was 21. It might be like a mental "benjamin button" effect??? I have a hello kitty sticker on my car, a hello kitty steering wheel cover, a hello kitty waffle maker, hello kitty bandaids, hello kitty toilet seat cover, a hello kitty pen and a hello kitty picture on my G-chat. I think that's about it. I think that makes me a legitimate fan.

21. My next travel destination: China, Vietnam and Korea for sure, and possibly Singapore... and maybe Indonesia? Oh yeah, and Omaha, Nebraska (to meet the legend, Buffett).

22. Once my friend referred to me as Marvin the Martian. She said that I may look small and innocent but then I have this appalling dark side in me (comparing my dark side to Marvin's determination to destroy the earth). muhahaha. watch out. don't mess.

23. I like to laugh a lot. I'll laugh when I'm happy, when I'm shocked, when I feel awkward, or sometimes when I'm angry. It's a great tactic to diffuse tension. Highly recommended.

24. I love Utah but I am definitely definitely more than ready to move on.

25. I just wasted a good chunk of time on this frivolous little thing but I'm perfectly ok with that. I was in dire need of a brainless activity. This was perfect. I won't be offended if you don't read all the way through. Well maybe just a teeny bit. Just don't tell me if you don't. I like living in my sheltered, simulated life with my own fantasies and unrealistic ideas. :)

No comments: