Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A typical wild evening in Provo. Maybe not.

Gloria and I decided to do some Hip-Hop Abs with Shaun-T. It's like a ghetto-fied watered-down Taebo. After about half an hour, we got sick of Shaun-T and decided to just dance the night away. We danced to Jamiroquai, "American Boy," "Green Light," and "Single Ladies." We failed miserably at trying to copy the dance in the Single Ladies music video. We realized we do not have detachable hips like Beyonce.

After much vigorous dancing, I almost killed both of us with cyanide.
The story: I decided to heat up some leftovers and put the pot on the stove. After a few minutes, I started to see black smoke creep up from the stove. I screamed and turned off the stove and lifted the pot to discover my mouse pad melting on the stove. We had put the pot on a mouse pad the day before and I guess it just stuck there, following the pot all the way to the stove. The whole house filled up with gray smoke and a suffocating burning plastic smell. We had to leave the house for a few minutes to get some oxygen. Gloria complained of stinging eyes and a scratchy throat from the smoke. Then she googled burning plastic, and to our horror, found out that burnt plastic releases cyanide in the air.
So that's how I almost killed us with cyanide.

Shortly after my near death experience, Elsie and I decided to have a relaxing evening at Spark, the Mormon version of a "chic" bar/lounge/restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, slightly disgusted by the artwork, impressed with the live music, drinks and seasoned edamame, but not so impressed with some pretentious but common wannabes. Finally the late-night Provo scene has decided to be classier than Beto's and IHOP.

Overall, it's been a very eventful evening. Lots of wild dancing, breathing cyanide, and drinking (albeit non-alcoholic. highly recommend the mango or the lychee drink) the night away.

A-Young's typical evening in Provo. ;)

No comments: