Friday, March 28, 2008

Finally a breath of fresh air with the Family




My Umma & Appa from Korea came to Provo to visit me!!!!!!

They stayed for only about a night but seeing them was a loooong needed breath of fresh air in my life. Just a bit of history: Serang umma is my umma (mommy)'s younger sister. I followed her and her fiance at the time (now my byungwon appa) everywhere when I was little. I'ved called them mommy and daddy as long as I can remember. So there are really 7 in my family-two pairs of parents, a younger sister (sooji) and brother (yongkyun). I love my kajok!!!

There is nothing like seeing family... no A's, no caffeine, not even hot boys can compare!!! I had been feeling as if I were losing myself amidst the insanity of my life-- running around at school from one class to the next, to the next group meeting, to the next assignment, to more caffeine, to the next poorly-done work and all over again. Only brief moments of silly daydreaming broke the suffocation from my colorful schedule (literally, you should see how color-jampacked my outlook calendar is, it's quite lovely).

But Serang umma and Byungwon appa brought meaning to my life all over again. It was like Christmas in March. It was so rejuvenating to feel so unconditionally loved. And I got new clothes too!!!! : ) on a sidenote, can I just say how CUUUTE Korean clothes are? In all earnestness though, the clothes didn't matter- it was the best gift to see them. Once again, I was reminded of how blessed I am. I have such an amazing supportive family and all the love I want.
Thank you and I love you 세랑엄마 병원아빠!!!!!

1 comment:

saraH said...

Families are the best thing in life isn't it? Besides good friends like US! we're so AMAZING aren't we? hahaha