No matter what people say, I love Hollywood. I love the action, the panicky running people, the bad guys, the invincible good guy, impossible car chases that ignore twenty other casualties (since those people are irrelevant to the story), and of course, THE Hollywood ending. It's pretty much freaking awesome, for lack of more elegant words.
So for those of you who don't know me well (and a reminder for those who do)... I get VERY involved in movies, particularly action films. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people my friends hate watching movies with-- I yell at the characters, throw my fists in the air, scream, grab the arms of whoever's sitting next to me, huff and puff. If you want someone more composed to watch a movie with, you probably shouldn't call me. Poor Jes was my victim this time when we watched Vantage Point. Bless her heart for finding my reactions funny-- but anyway, I was following my usual movie ritual, and I realized how exhilarating it was for me (never mind how bothersome it could be to others). I can get so much emotional stimulation by sitting and doing absolutely no thinking!!!! How brilliant!
I don't know why I haven't watched more action films during my first year at b-school. It is the ULTIMATE stress reliever. Miss Kim's lesson for the day: Watch more violence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
'Stuff Asian People Like: Violence'. It's in your martial arts saturated blood, Miss Kim.
I am so embarrassed for you! I can't believe you get involved in those stupid, fake movies. You know what is going to happen, it is totally impossible, they aren't even suspensful!
Just kidding! I 'm glad to finally find someone who gets more into movies than me.
Hahahahahaha! I love you! but you know Violence does make one feel better... i mean it is the korean way... mother gets mad her solution is violence... child is sad mother is satified hahahahahaha jk! I love you!
Post a Comment