Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Frantically and Absurdly Deranged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU

According to this educational video, I am messed up. "Frantically and absurdly deranged," to be exact.

I've had many people ask me why I want to pursue a PhD. And the next inevitable question is, "so when are you gonna get married?" To which I don't have an answer. Then of course, the next comment. "You're never gonna get married. Who wants a woman with a PhD?" To this, I don't know whether to laugh, cry or yell. It's one of those strangely confusing moments.

This video further demonstrates a man's disgust with educated women.
"Yes, overeducation leads to ugliness, premature aging, and BEARD GROWTH."

Apparently, I won't ever get married because I'm already on my way to ugliness, premature aging and beard growth. And frantically and absurdly deranged. So here's my answer to the Why PhD question. Since I'm already messed up, I might as well go all the way.

No comments: