Monday, March 23, 2009

My Unofficial Spring Break

I decided to rebel against the ridiculous schedule of BYU by carving myself a whole week to indulge myself. Last week was my "unofficial" spring break, or aka "Indulge A-Young Everyday" week. I skipped all classes except for one, and I treated myself with little diversions everyday. The weather also graciously indulged me with its warmth and the sun. Here is a list of my lovely gifts to myself. :)

Moday:
Skipped all my classes. Watched a movie with Becky @ the theater, bought myself a bouquet of yellow tulips and a beautiful vase. Ate lunch, came home and lounged around, then went on to party with my dear sweet MBA friends at the bowling alley & Jes's house.

Tuesday:
Woke up @ 11am. Bought myself the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. Took an hour long walk in the beautiful weather.

Wednesday:
Manicure & Pedicure day!!! Then I did some mad shopping @ BR... heehee... major guilty pleasures ;)

Thursday:
Wore my new dress that I got @ Banana(I sort of looked like a First Lady. ha.) Met Sister Oaks. Went to a jazz concert with Jes.

Friday:
Slept in until 11am :)
Went and visited Sarah and her beautiful babies. Made a huge tupperware-full of my very own special tuna salad.

Saturday:
Made coconut pineapple-lemon cupcakes. YUMMY! A nice little trip to Costco. Went to Marci's concert.
Sunday:
Church. Potluck @ Min's. Delightful conversation with a friend.

I love escaping reality. It was nice to spend some quality time with myself- even though it did get lonely at times. Gloria, Janie, Jes, & Marci have all gone out of town. Sad sad sad. But I was in absolute bliss last week. Spring break is now over. Back to reality!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooOOoooo! yummy yummy!!! Seems like cupcakes and tulips are a common staple in A-Young's kitchen. :)