Sunday, March 29, 2009

please call me Chef Kim

I love cooking. Not really for myself, but mostly for friends and loved ones. It's funny because when I'm home, I never cook for my parents except for rare occasions. My parents always complain that I cook when I'm not with them. My response is, "why, you just feed me so well and everything tastes so good at home, I have no motivation to cook!" Oh yes, I'm a spoiled brat.

So back to my passion for cooking. Because I've had a lot of free time on my hands lately, I've just been itching to cook and prepare myself to be a housewife- ha. Today, I dedicated almost the entire day to "kitchening." In the morning, I baked chocolate-mint cupcakes with minty cream cheese frosting. I prefer the coconut lemon-pineapple cupcakes, but these ones were quite tolerable, I'd say.




(Also, notice my fresh new pink tulips I picked up today- aren't they gorgeous? And thank you gloria for being such a fantastic photographer!)









After the cupcakes, I decided I would make a korean dinner for my dearest Pak sisters. The menu: 김치찌개 & 고등어 조림 (kimchi jigae & spicy mackerel with baby bokchoy). I caused a storm in the kitchen but by the time I was done, I was pretty impressed with myself. I hate to boast, but this time I must. They were both absolutely scrumptious :)

My favorite part in the whole cooking experience is watching people enjoy the food. Cooking goes beyond throwing ingredients together to make food. It's all about creating a dining experience. (OMG I sound like a cheesy loony marketing intern for the Food Network.) Anyway- the "yummm"'s and the "mmmm"'s are music to my ears :) hahaha. The girls and I hadn't had dinner together for a long time so this was an excellent time for me to do something I love for the people I love.

It's been a fantastic day. Oh, and here's another picture of my beautiful new tulips- I must flaunt these babies!

So please call me Chef Kim, at least till the end of the day (even though there are only two hours left of today). I'm quite proud of my acheivements for today.

Seriously, whoever marries me is one ludicrously lucky lad. ;)

4 comments:

sooji said...

yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
they look so tempting T.T
i wish i was there so i coulda had that korean dinner
i crave REAL Korean food

Debbie said...

my dearest ayoung... please send me all ur korean recipes!!!!!!! PLEASE... love debbie and kylee!

Unknown said...

they look SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I am drooling along w/ teething Brayden. :) I LOVE YOU!!!!

Megan said...

a young!! i am jealous of your mad cooking skills. I don't think my kitchen skills have improved much six my cake mix eating days in school. Glad to see you're doing well!